Thursday, March 5, 2009

summer holiday



I'm going on vacation at the end of the month. This is exciting for a number of reasons:

  • I have never really been 'on vacation', holidays have always been spent sleeping in at home or visiting friends and relatives in other cities


  • I am going to a tropical island, which is very, very grown up you know


  • It is an excellent reason to make lists. Besides the obvious to do lists, there are holiday reading lists, to pack lists (though the list writing part is the only part I enjoy about packing), postcard lists, travel playlists even, oh and 'to buy' lists! My To Buy list has miraculously transformed from NOTHING to new shorts, new bathing suit(s?), new bag, new hat, new sandals, and so many books; hell, why take anything I already own...

These photos are by Mark Borthwick, who is pretty fantastic, and I stole them from a blog called Lightning History.

No comments:

Post a Comment