Tuesday, January 26, 2010

hold on while I put on my face

I read an article last night about make up.

Basically, it talks about how if you
really want to have pretty looking make-up, the key is to put on six different types of make-up (like skin corrector, then a primer, then concealer, then foundation, then blush, then highlighter) in tiny amounts in exactly the right places on your face. Apparently, by doing this in tiny, thinner than wafer-thin layers, with wee brushes that look like little fans, you can wind up with the best make-up in the world.


My personal makeup usage varies. Sometimes I wear heaps, often I wear none. At the moment, I barely leave my office during the week so I see little to no point in wearing any. My skin is a bit patchy and a bit dry (Auckland is great for patchy/dry/oily) at the moment, so wearing lots of makeup would probably make it worse. Also, I had, for the first time in ages, two horrid pimples, one hidden on the side of my right nostril, and the other, right next to inner corner of my left eyebrow. I have no idea where they came from. Luckily, they weren't huge. And extra luckily, I hardly ever get pimples so its not something you're going to hear me bitch about a whole lot on the internet (dry skin = a whole other story). Anyway, I feel that makeup worsens pimples so I tend to wear less when I have breakouts.

Carrying on.
I tend to use Mac. My last trip to the Mac counter was slightly disastrous as my friend who works there was too busy so a less awesome make-up artist piled my face in slap and I wound up buying it just to leave the store. It is wierd though, the way makeup artists take one look at me and say "NW20!!!" as though it is glaringly obvious. Is my skin tone that transparent? Yes. Anyway, turns out this Mac stuff works. It took some getting used to, but my step-mother complimented me on my skin and its glowy-ness the other day which is all I need to declare it a roaring success.

I used to use id Bareminerals. Now that is a nice foundation. PITY IT COSTS SEVENTY DOLLARS. And it has almost no ingredients? How do they get away with that? What kind of a world do we live in, where to buy "natural" makeup with "nothing" in it, it costs seventy dollars? Really, id? REALLY?

OK. Rant over. The point of all this is to say that this weekend I plan on trying the Harpers' several different layers of makeup in tiny amounts in exactly the right pla
ce all over my face. I'll let you know if it works.

Images from here

No comments:

Post a Comment