Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ayeye ayeye jesse mfana (jesse boy) ayeye ayeye!

Ok, so it has been a while...but things which are making me happy today:

- "Cruel, Crazy Beautiful World" by Johnny Clegg and Savuka. On repeat. On the bus. Also they have amazing pants. Rainbow band! It's feel good, but "with a conscience".



- Planning a care package to be sent to my sister and best friend in London who are about to move in together. This is doubly awesome because I live with my sister's best friend. Friend exchange 2009. So far I am thinking $3 (plus GST) Japan, music, some sort of Aotearoa-n beauty balm that you can't get overseas and delicious food. I hope they don't read this blog. Cat = not in bag.

- Had dinner with my Dad last night. He cooked the Dad classic - steak, peas, carrots, potato. To make it more cosmopolitan, he added mushrooms. To make it less "boiled vegetables", I mashed the potato. We drank a bottle of wine, watched Jeeves and Wooster and his giant tubby cat fell asleep on me. And then I stole a whole pile of winter reading from him. He made me borrow a book on Stalin which I probably won't read. All good, really.




-My charming English boss just told me I look like an "illegal Turkish guest worker the Opera pays in lunch" because I am wearing a beanie.



- Finally, I gotta mention Doctor Who Season 4, the only season I have ever watched. I spent my day off watching the first 8 episodes (eep) and eating quesadillas. But man oh man, I think I am becoming a bit preoccupied with it. And with the 970-something year old Doctor himself. As my flatmates say, he wears glasses so very, very well. And his eyebrows do amazing things. And Catherine Tate is in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment