Wednesday, December 15, 2010

all i want for christmas is my two front teeth

I've never done a 'gift guide' before. And this is hardly a very helpful one, but I was inspired by this I'm Revolting guest post on Etsy, particularly this line This is for the one whose absence is keenly felt in those moments when the only sound is the city traffic beyond your window and you need to talk to someone and be understood. Because it made me think of you han, and made me want to get you the rug. And so here:
 


































For the one that I admire from afar, compose text messages and emails to in my head when I'm walking, chat to all day, every day, about nothing. The one who loves all the best and some of the worst food, who can pull off every style, trend and item I never could, who calls me when she's drunk, high, and screams down the phone, who calls me sober, from work, to play me the carols being sung in her office (it'll be a tradition). The one who once called me her heart,  the one who I get to see in 14 days and counting. If I could I would buy her a pair of Opening Ceremony shoes, some Arnsdorf Jeans or this Navajo bag from Need Supply but I'm far more likely to give her a Trotski and Ash calendar, a candle from Lover, or, realistically, a bucket of gin and tonic and my bed.



Christmas is not for spending on onesself. If someone else wished to spend on me though they could get me some pretty jewelry like the smokey quartz on silk cord from Vamoose or the beautiful Morse Code necklace by Coatt (it spells 'love me do' in morse code!), or if they were feeling very generous I would accept the gold, diamond and turquoise ring by Mociun, from Magpie and Rye (I would accept anything from M&R, or Mociun for that matter, thanks). Even though it's kind of similar to one I got from Ruby in October, I would still love the Viva Vena Mustard Seed t shirt, because I have already worn the Madame Hawke one to death, and the back is special! It's sold out (probably thanks to I'm Revolting) but I would have love love loved the Moon print and lastly, I am actually considering buying the smokey quartz in geode for myself, because who doesn't love a chunk of rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment