Monday, July 20, 2009

"well, billy joe never had a lick of sense, pass the biscuits, please"









Her name is Bobbie Gentry. Check out her awesome pants and huge hair!

The song is just great but I'm also really into her look - it kind of reminds me of Elaine from the Graduate (played by Katherine Ross)who I go through intermittant phases of trying to dress like.



Ali McGraw in Love Story - same deal (even though it was made in 1970).



There's something about big-haired, dark-eyed, all-American ladies from sixties I really like, I guess.


I especially like skinny, ankle-skimming jeans and slightly-too-big white T Shirts. Unfortunately, those are all items which seem like they should be straightforward enough to find, but are almost impossible to perfect! Every now and then I try it out, and wind up looking like a street urchin or the loveable tomboy from Westside Story...perhaps bronzer and fake eyelashes would help?


No comments:

Post a Comment